Subject: Re: [wsrp-wsia] [I#???] array representation

I have been trying to catch all the places still using the later form and
making them the first form. The reason has to do with the mapping to the
WSDL.

A type like "string[] userProfileItems" suggests that the WSDL will have a
type for "string[]" and then use that type for userProfileItems.

A type like "MarkupType markupTypes[]" suggests the WSDL will have a type
for MarkupType and that a field (markupTypes) will be defined that is
allowed to be an array of these.

The second of these is what we have moved to in the WSDL. Since
programmers usually view the two as equivalent, I prefer the one that more
accurately reflects the WSDL.

Rich Thompson

Richard Jacob <richard.jacob@de.ibm.com>
01/14/2003 04:38 AM