Subject: Re: [wsrp-wsia] [change request #38] Require secure communication

I don't see the point of adding this flags. Like Eric describes, a Producer
that requires secure communication would only expose secure endpoints. If
both are supplied I would assume that the Producer would be happy
communicating in both a secure and non-secure way. In that case it would be
the Consumer's application logic that decides what version to use. This
could be done using business logic or even end-user customization. Why
would it be necessary to detail on this in the spec?

Best regards
Carsten Leue

-------
Dr. Carsten Leue
Dept.8288, IBM Laboratory Böblingen , Germany
Tel.: +49-7031-16-4603, Fax: +49-7031-16-4401

             Rich
             Thompson/Watson/I
             BM@IBMUS                                                   To
                                       wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
             01/24/2003 03:34                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       [wsrp-wsia] [change request #38]
                                       Require secure communication

Document: Spec & wsdl
Section: 5.1.17
Page/Line: 26/37
Requestedby: Michael Freedman
Old text: none
Proposed text: add a new field [O] boolean requiresSecureCommunication
Reasoning: This field indicates whether all calls between the consumer and
the producer must use the secure ports.  Default would be false. We need a
convenient way for a Consumer to know how to establish/continue
communication with a Portlet for all calls.
[Eric VanLydegraf] If a Producer only declares non-secure or secure SOAP
endpoints, that in itself takes care of one or the other, if both are
supplied and the Producer is interested in the mixed secure transport
style than we need to workout how that works just as you mentioned in the
previous comment.