Subject: [wsrp-wsia] [change request #136] Producer user profile items?

Document: Spec
Section:  5.1.?
Page/Line: ??
Requested by: Mike Freedman (JSR 168)
Old text:
New text:

Reasoning: Should we support describable producer user profile items?
Currently, the PortletDescription allows us to return an array of
userProfileItems as strings [names]. Some of these are allowed to be
producer "named" items which we presumably expect a consumer might want to
allow an administrator to map to its set of profile items.  If so don't we
need to support like usercategories?  I.e. have a way for a producer to
publish the producer profile names/descriptions in a localized form -- as
well as the ability to reference this in a string array by name?  Note:
JSR 168 allows for this by supporting localizable descriptions of the
profile names.