Subject: RE: [wsrp-wsia] [change request #168] Nil desiredLocales => sendAllLocales?

yes, Andre I agree.
The semantics of the usage of these two flags are different that reducing
sendAllLocales to desiredLocales=nill.
The desiredLocales array determines the preffered order of the locales and
as Andre said I would also expect the first one in the array to be set
inline in localized string (xml:lang attribute).

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

|         |           Andre Kramer     |
|         |           <andre.kramer@eu.|
|         |           citrix.com>      |
|         |           02/21/2003 01:53 |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |       To:       wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org                                                                                                   |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                        |
  |       Subject:  RE: [wsrp-wsia] [change request #168] Nil desiredLocales => sendA       llLocales?                                               |

We would loose the ability for a producer to re-order resources (or even
filter the full list, e.g. if we allow "fr" as well as "fr-CA") in the case
where the consumer was also supplying desiredLocale values with
sendAllLocales==true.

At least the first desiredLocale (if a desiredLocales[0] is given with
sendAllLocales==true) is somewhat likely to be the one provided inline in
LocalizedStrings if the producer does not just blindly return all
resources.

regards,
Andre