Subject: RE: [wsrp-wsia] [change request #176] ID,Key and Handle not used inWSDL

Hi Alejandro,

This was not meant as a knock against JAX-RPC, Sun, or the RI, but it does seem that the RI is very basic. It is true that JAX-RPC does not require implementation of strings, but based on that, we would need to disqualify ANY feature of SOAP that JAX-RPC does not require, even if everybody implements it... I do not think the RI was meant as an industrial strength implementation, am I wrong?
I do not think we decided not to support SOAP Attachment. I think we decided to delay that and DIME to 1.1, since they were not essential to the operation of WSRP, and we felt we did not have the time to fully explore them.

	Yossi.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alejandro Abdelnur [mailto:Alejandro.Abdelnur@Sun.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 8:21 PM
To: Gil Tayar
Cc: Tamari, Yossi; wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [wsrp-wsia] [change request #176] ID,Key and Handle not
used in WSDL

JAX-RPC RI is not a proof of concept, is the *reference* implementation,
it fully implements the JAX-RPC specification. If a JAX-RPC
implementation supports restrictions on String is an feature of the
implementation, but it is not required for an implementation to do
so.The "Futures" chapter in the spec states "Extended support for XML
schema types and Java types", it seems they will support it in a future
version.

Alejandro
PS: We decided not to use SOAP with Attachments (a SOAP 1.1 extension
submitted to the W3C)  because the .NET stack does not support it,
didn't we?