Subject: [wsrp-wsia] [change request #237] CSS Common Control classes

Document: Spec
Section: 10.6 [new section]
Page/Line: 74
Requested by: Mike Freedman
Old text: None ...

Proposed text: TBD:  Our specification is missing a design that allows a
portal to ensure a uniform user interface for the common controls that
terminate/control non-VIEW modes.  In the past we suggested this will be
solved via CSS but our current design doesn't handle this.
 Unfortuantely, I am not enough of a CSS expert to contribute a solution
here -- but still want to get the issue on the table for us to resolve.

Reasoning: Required functionality is missing.

[RT] This could probably be 10.5.7 - "Common Controls" since it can be
done as a set of CSS classes. Key questions for me are:
 1. How critical is this for v1?
 2. What controls would have to be defined (Cancel, Done, Submit, Apply,
OK, Help, Next, Previous, ?ControlSet?, ...)?
 3. Would there be a cross product with a set of user interaction states
(normal, hover, visited, down, unavailable)?