Subject: Of interest for supply chainers

Hi Folks,

I'm passing this along not because it is either surprising nor even
new information, but more because it confirms a couple of other
recent rumblings. Also, it happens that I have an interest in the
supply chain market, though more in delivering highly customized and
personalized or personalizable information delivery for public-sector
decision-support, rather than order fulfillment and material tracking
per se.

However, be that all as it may, when the giant turns its attention to
areas in which I have even the slightest interest, I pay attention.
Been there, been squashed. I also couldn't help but notice that we
have seen some fairly large structural attrition in the course of our
work, losing entire companies during this long recovery, and some of
this attrition has already occurred in the procurement/supply chain
market, so I thought that a small alert might be worth passing along.

http://update.internetweek.com/cgi-bin4/DM/y/eLl30BdiMw0V30BwpE0AW

Ciao,
Rex
--