Subject: Re: [wsrp][interfaces and protocols]: First concall

Thanks for your comments.  I will rework/reorganize the document a little to reflect these comments.  In reviewing a number of them I realized there is a basic area being left out -- namely trying to capture all the things we think a portal needs to ask a portlet to do.  My list assumes a number of things a portal requests (but it by no means complete).  I think I would prefer to change the agenda of the meeting a little for tomorrow:

a) Find someone to take minutes/notes. [5 min]
b) Discuss scope/focus of group [10 min]
    -- I propose this group focus on defining and specifying:
       a) the things a portal needs to ask a portlet to do.
       b) the things a portlet needs to ask a portal to do (if anything).

    -- I suggest that the details of such items such as URL rewriting and namespace encoding be handled by the Markup subgroup, with consideration/influence brought by us where necessary.

c) Brainstorm (and capture) all the things we think a portal needs to ask a portlet to do. [40 min]

d) Meeting summary/next steps. [5 min]
    -- depending how the brainstorm goes my best guess is we will have general terminology/model issues to focus on and/or we can move on to the step I originally proposed for this week; namely begin to identify the questions we need to answer for each of the discrete operations portals request of portlets.

To prime the pump for the brainstorming session here is a preliminary list:

What does a portal ask a portlet to do?

-Mike-

 Some additional comments on the interface discussion points Mike circulated earlier.Alan