Subject: [wsrp] Minutes 2002-04-04

Attached are the minutes to the meeting.  Let me know if I missed anything or if anything is incorrect.

Thanks,

Bob

Bob Serr

VP Web Services Infrastructure Lab

divine, Inc.

o:  312.606.4836

m: 312.399.6294

Title: OASIS WSRP

OASIS WSRP

 Technical Committee

April 4, 2002

Teleconference 12:00 – 1:00pm EST

Minutes

Attendance at roll call, 12pm EST

Name

Organization

Attended?

Gino Filicetti

Bowstreet

Srinivas Vadhri

Commerce One

Bob Serr

Divine

Peter Quintas

Divine

Alan Kropp

Epicentric

Madoka Misuoka

Fujitsu

Takao Mohri

Fujitsu

Greg Pavlik

HP

Angel Diaz

IBM

Carston Leue

IBM

Lothar Merk

IBM

Thomas Schaek

IBM

Rich Thompson

IBM

Charlie Wiecha

IBM

Bill Parducci

Individual

Jon Klein

Lexis Nexis

Adam Nolen

Lexis Nexis

David Taieb

Lotus

Petr Palas

Moravia IT

Mark Cassidy

Netegrity

Mike Friedman

Oracle

Susan Levine

PeopleSoft

Yossi Tamari

SAP Portals Israel

Jeff Broberg

Silverstream

Alejandro Abdelnur

Sun Microsystems

Dave Clegg

Sybase

Eilon Reshef

Web Collage

Duration

12:00 pm – 1:00 pm EST

Chair

Thomas

Agenda

-          Approve Minutes

-          Hosting F2F Meeting

-          Revised Charter

-          WSRP Directory

-          WSRP Scenarios

-          Misc Items

Meeting

12:10 review of minutes

-          People have commented, Sasha will update minutes.

Thomas proposed that minutes are updated by next Monday; 2 more days for comments, then we post them.

Question: Do we post sub-group minutes on the web site.

Answer: Yes, but we need to organize it intuitively.  Leaders should send minutes to Lothar and he will post them.

12:10 face-to-face meeting

-          HP (Philadelphia), Oracle (West Coast) have volunteered to host the meeting

-          HP is part of both WSIA and WSRP; it might make sense to have HP host it next since we wanted to host them back-to-back

-          Mike: Oracle has a logistical problem in that nobody from Oracle will be at the first 2 days (since they are not on WSIA).

-          The last meeting was on the east coast.

-          Decision: we do the meeting on the west coast.

-          There is an OMG workshop in Orlando at the same time.  Nobody from WSRP said they would be going, but we don’t know about the numbers for WSIA (Charlie thinks it is a small number).  Charlie will take a day and poll people on WSIA.

-          Mike will need a confirmation to reserve dates and attendance at the conference center.

12:20 Charter

-          no comments; Thomas will publish to the website

12:20 Directory / Glossary

-          Jeff has received no feedback from the joint committees.  As soon as he receives feedback he will post an update

-          Send additions, changes, deletions: send them to wsrp and wsia mailing lists.  Jeff will reflect the changes into the document

12:20 Business Scenarios

-          Draft in 10 days (4/15 – 2-3 days before next meeting)

-          6 people volunteered to write scenarios:

o        Syndicated content – Bob Serr

o        Enterprise Application – Sasha

o        Publishers Portal – Karl

o        Current Awareness – Adam Noland

o        Corporate / WSRP Services – Tim Granshaw

o        Multimedia – Aditi

o        Mortgage Calculator – Alan Knopf

-          Template was sent around to document business scenarios; it is the same as the one used in the WSIA group

12:25 Misc Items / New Business

-          Document comments: put a tag around the comment, such as a <name>Comment</name>.  This way we can identify the comments when formatting is lost.

-          Can we share through a repository documents so we don’t have to continue sending attachments through emails?  Lothar will look into this (again we don’t want to cloud the website and we don’t want the public to see these docs yet).

-          Oasis hopefully will have something to support this in their infrastructure.

-          Apache has CVS; Oasis needs something like this (hopefully they have it).

-          Subcommittee Reporting: We will start this in 2 weeks.  Thomas would like to do it verbally in the meeting in addition to in written form.  The written form would be sent before the meeting so people will be briefed prior to the meeting.

-          Mike: would like to articulate sub-committee milestones in the status, but will use the summaries for detail.

-          Lothar will send a template for subcommittee reporting.

-          Thomas: gave a presentation at Java One about Java and Portlets, roughly 1000 people attended.  He mentioned WSRP and received a lot of interest.

-          Jeff: Can we have a short briefing of what the subcommittees are and the schedule of the calls?  Thomas will do this.

12:35 Meeting Adjourned