Subject: Re: [wsrp][interfaces]: Actions vs. Events

In your example, why isn't an action just an event?  I have no problem defining
an event mechanism portlets can use in special purpose situations (such as you
suggest).  And I expect such events to fire in a phase before rendering occurs.
However, all this is going to make events a heavyweight operation.  My concern
is having us define a heavyweight mechanism that is mandated for use by all but
only really needed by the few.
      -Mike-