Subject: RE: [wsrp][interfaces]: Portal Usage Scenario

I think the question is just whether with "portlet instance" you mean the a
persistent entity that is displayed by "portlet view" or "active portlet
instance" as Gil proposed

or whether with "portlet instance" you mean the portlet view and you use
another word for the persistent entity.

In the first case, this would be an example:

A portlet instance exists as a persistent entity in the database. In the
case of a stocks portlet, it may contain a list of stock symbols of
interest for a user.
The portlet instance exists across requests and even when the user logs out
from the portal.
The "portlet view" or "active portlet instance" only exist when a page is
being viewed.

Best regards,

Thomas

Eilon Reshef <eilon.reshef@webcollage.com> on 04/15/2002 10:09:17 PM