Subject: RE: [wsrp][markup] Allowed HTML Tags

Eilon - I fully agree with your comment. Maybe we should introduce other
classifiers than "yes" or "no". May be "allowed but discouraged". You would
hesitate to allow these tags if the official HTML definition disallows
their usage in blocks other than the <head> environment. If this woks,
maybe only by chance.

I still have to figure out what the official spec says.

Best regards
Carsten Leue

-------
Dr. Carsten Leue
Dept.8288, IBM Laboratory Böblingen , Germany
Tel.: +49-7031-16-4603, Fax: +49-7031-16-4401

|         |           "Eilon Reshef"    |
|         |           <eilon.reshef@webc|
|         |           ollage.com>       |
|         |           04/15/2002 04:53  |
|         |           PM                |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           "Eilon Reshef"    |
  |                                                                                                                                             |
  |       To:       Carsten Leue/Germany/IBM@IBMDE                                                                                              |
  |       cc:       wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org                                                                                                   |
  |       Subject:  RE: [wsrp][markup] Allowed HTML Tags                                                                                        |
  |                                                                                                                                             |
  |                                                                                                                                             |

Carsten,

I am unaware of the formal definition, especially in XHTML, but these are
widely used in practice in HTML code. I haven't been involved in the markup
subgroup, but I believe we should be non-restrictive enough to allow (or,
rather, non to completely disallow) those existing methods, even if we
don't formally "endorse" them. I think that as long as the semantics of the
composed page is well defined, we should be in a good shape and should
apply syntactic restrictions when it is clear that these two match. Does
that make sense?

Regards,
Eilon