Subject: Re: [wsrp][interfaces]: Portal Usage Scenario

My reply may not have been clear on this, I was not referring to
individuals when I've said that (b) is a subset of (a), I was referring
to the levels. Looking at the definition of (b), from the portlet
perspective, (b) level is a subset of (a) level.

I have concerns on putting this as a requirement. As I've written
yesterday, a portal could definitely leverage a portal framework for its
administration (and Page/Portal Designer) but I don't like that being
imposed.

Also, I do not like the idea of a portlet being responsible for its own
administration as this could include delegated administration and it
would the portlet, not its context, the one deciding what a given
administrator can do.

I'm more comfortable with the idea of providing metadata together with
the portlet.

The metadata approach does not preclude a WSRP producer to offer
administration of application portlets through WSRP-producer portlets
that process the metadata and create the proper content. This would
allow a WSRP producer to use the 'usage interface' for administration
but it would be done using WSRP producer specific administration
portlets different from the application portlets. And it would not
require to do this through a portlet.

Regards.

Alejandro