Subject: [wsrp][pfbm] Monthly Report: May

is attached.
Title: Core/Toolkit/Object/DevMan Expert Group Monthly Report

Publish, Find, Bind, and Meta Data Monthly Report

Report for month of: May

Group Lead: Michael Freedman

Activities Finished:

Activities in Progress:

  • This committee has been quiesent this month.  Topics/discussions appear to be pending progress in the operational areas.  Specific reasons for deferral are:
    • Publish/Find:  We have decided that a portlet service is self describing hence there is no requirement a service publish itself.  Because of this we will late until later in the specification process to detail publish/find (with respect to UDDI).
    • Bind:  We discussed in detail Binding (called registration) in the interfaces and protocols committee and have a draft of our requirements.
    • Meta data:  My sense is we feel that detailing the meta data is more readily done once the operational aspects of the protocol are more complete – hence our intent is to defer for now and come back to it.

New Activities:

  • None at the moment.