Subject: [wsrp][markup] CSS and tables

I am not sure it is desirable to have specific CSS classes defined for table elements.

For example we tentatively list the following table related CSS classes:

wsia-table
wsia-table-header
wsia-table-section-header
wsia-table-row
wsia-table-row-alternate

In actuality these types of classes can be applied to div, paragraph, or other tags.  For example a portlet writer may want to use the alternate class per column, where each column alternates styles.

Should we generalize the use of these tags?  I propose we use

wsia-section
wsia-section-header
wsia-section-subheader
wsia-section-content
wsia-section-content-alternate
wsia-section-footer

These classes could apply to any content that a portlet may generate.  Weather that be result sets formatted within a table with alternating rows, or a simple title-paragraph-footer style of output.

My thought is that if we identify more specific types of portlet output, down the road,  we can add classes to address these as we move forward.  For example we may see the need to add a class that represents "result set" style output.

Are there limitations to this proposal?  Comments appreciated.

Chris