Subject: RE: [wsia] [wsrp] [wsrp-wsia joint interfaces] Merged interfacesdocument

Supporting a batch operation mode through arrays does not seem very clean.
In the "getFragment"
case (getFragments?), the portal will most likely then have to wait until
the whole array is
returned (i.e. all remote portlets have rendered) before it can display the
resulting mark-up.
How many consumer to producer parallel calls do we expect typically? I would
rather leave
call batching up to the (future) SOAP stack.

Always using "Entity" as the thing to create remotely seem to loose the
"class" versus "object"
semantics that the WSRP "template" and "instance" operation names used to
imply. Do we now see no
no difference between remote data storage - 'templates' (possibly with
inheritance) and
computational entities - 'instances', that WSRP seems to naturally call for?
Or are these the
persistent v.s. transient entities of the document (for me, portlet
instances persist too)?

In trying to follow the discussion, I'm confused as to why we need both
sessions and transient
entities, both being under the control of the consumer. I do see a need for
common sessions
(same user/group or consumer portal) but do not see the need for other
transient entities,
expecting a consumer to have to pay for all entities, in some way, in the
real world. I know
the next call will discuss these but could someone give a brief rational
before then?

Thanks,
Andre

Andre Kramer, Citrix Systems, Inc.