Subject: RE: [wsrp] [wsia] [wsrp-wsia joint interfaces] agenda for Tuesday 11June

Title: Message
Carsten,

A small concern I have regarding your point below.

Meta-data that defined inter-relationships between portlets doesn't seem simple, nor does it seem intuitive to me that the fundamental way in which a portal interacts with a set of portals depends on meta-data (and I'm talking about a sequence of invocations, not about the type of information passed, which is what meta-data is good for).

I would much rather have the notion of session sharing either (a) disappear (b) be in a one-to-one relation with a service (c) be one-to-one with a session, but managed by the portlet group (who don't need to publish this information) (d) be explicit in the protocol in some other unidentified way.

Eilon

[CL]
The idea was that the producer indicates session sharing capabilities
through its metadata (e.g. by defining categories, etc). However this has
not been detailed yet.
The producer itself is a container of services.
[CL]