Subject: Re: [wsrp] Shared Sessions

Carsten,
    Let me clarify my position.  I believe that a consumer can choose to provide a capability for segmenting portlets from the same producer into
different sessions.  A consumer defines the scope of the session.  It is reasonable for a consumer to provide a capability that allows a subset of
portlets to be grouped into distinct sessions.  But I don't believe that we should mandate that all consumers do so.  Nor should we define required
meta-data that allows a producer to describe its rules for grouping and have any expectation that a consumer will honor it.   A producer that
requires a certain segmentation will have to define that segmentation within itself and establish/maintain that segmentation without the help of the
consumer.
     So to be clear:  I don't believe that a consumer is restricted to running all portlets/entities in the same session.  I do believe that we
shouldn't define a way for a portlet/entity to describe how it should be grouped and require consumers adhere to it.  Rather, producers must code
within themselves to achieve this.
         -Mike-