Subject: Re: [wsrp] [interfaces] session creation

Carsten,

The default case would be one entity per producer. But this is
controlled by the consumer, for a given producer there would be one
session per 'transient common ID' (as described in my email).

If needed, it's the responsibility of the producer to isolate portlets
from each other in a single session, this could be done using a
namespace or different stores altogether.

In the case of batch processing you described, where no session exists,
the consumer would make the request using a 'transient common ID', if a
portlet creates a session, this session will be tagged with the
'transient common ID'. Other portlets of the batch will be able to find
the already created session because the have the 'transient common ID'.
It is non-trivial logic but I wouldn't say that is rocket science.

I agree with your statement that a consumer could have multiple sessions
with a producer. I do not understand what you are trying to describe
with 'one way to share session data between different producers...' in
the context of the current discussion.

Regards.

Alejandro