Subject: [wsrp] writing producers

Carsten,

Do you envision developers writing producers that implement the WSRP
protocol as something common?

My take here is that most (if not all) developers will write portlet
components a la Servlets (using different languages, frameworks,
platforms) and these components will run in a container that provides
the support for WSRP. The interfaces that we have are complicated enough
for an average developer to code against.

If we agree that the existence of such container in the producer side
will be the common case, then we also could assume that the producer
(the container) will be able to handle more complexity while hiding it
from the portlet developer.

Regards.

Alejandro.