Subject: Re: [wsrp] [WSRP-IMPL] Thoughts on WSRP Open Source Implementatation...

It's a more general implementation. The WSRP-JSR168 bridge is just one
case.

Best regards
Carsten Leue

-------
Dr. Carsten Leue
Dept.8288, IBM Laboratory Böblingen , Germany
Tel.: +49-7031-16-4603, Fax: +49-7031-16-4401

|         |           Larry Cable      |
|         |           <larry_cable@yaho|
|         |           o.com>           |
|         |           08/20/2002 03:50 |
|         |           larry_cable      |
  |                                                                                                                               |
  |       To:       Michael Freedman <Michael.Freedman@oracle.com>                                                                |
  |       cc:       wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org                                                                                     |
  |       Subject:  Re: [wsrp] [WSRP-IMPL] Thoughts on WSRP Open Source Implementatat ion...                                      |
  |                                                                                                                               |
  |                                                                                                                               |

Is the Apache effort intended to deliver *just*
a JSR 168 Container exposing WSRP "services", or
is it a broader effort to implement WSIA & WSRP?

Sorry if I am asking an obvious question, I'm just
getting myself involved in the above so I am catching
up.

- Larry Cable (ex-Sun, now "resting", sort of)

wrote:
> We should try and find out if there are sufficient
> members of the TC willing to
> work on this that aren't also tainted.  We are in
> the same position as IBM in
> that we are beginning early implementations hence
> need to disqualify ourselves
> as well.  Who out there isn't planning on
> implementing a WSRP
> producer/container over the next 4-6 months and
> would be willing to work on on
> a validation/compliance suite?
>
> As for calling the Apache work a "reference
> implementation"  I think we need to
> be careful.  WSRP has a variety of usage patterns --
> one of which seems to be
> the target of this implementation.  As "reference
> implementations" often
> define/imply a coded version of the specification
> i.e. the code defines the
> spec particularly where the spec is unclear -- it
> seems inappropriate in this
> situation.  Would "sample implementation" be a
> better term?
>    -Mike-
>

> Alan Kropp wrote:
>
> > Thomas and Mike,
> >
> > Yes, a validation/compliance suite will be of
> great importance.  It seems
> > like a good idea from the perspective of both
> prospective WSRP portlet
> > writers and consumers as well.
> >
> > I agree with Thomas that the validation suite
> should be undertaken by a
> > different group of developers than the reference
> implementation.  It should
> > not be open source, but instead be an effort of
> members of the TC, who are
> > in the best position to make the determination as
> to what it means to be in
> > compliance with the WSRP spec.
> >
> > Alan

=== message truncated ===