Subject: RE: [wsrp][wsia] Draft spec v0.85

Rich,

All the Axis related problems you reported are fixed in latest cvs. You
can now use "xsd:schema" and the imports should work ok as well. Please
open a bugreport on http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla as usual if you
find any other issues with Apache Axis.

Thanks,
dims

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Thompson [mailto:richt2@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 10:58 PM
To: wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org; wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wsrp][wsia] Draft spec v0.85

Here is the draft reflecting the decisions from the recent F2F:

(See attached file: WSIA - WSRP Interface Specification v0.85.doc)

Here are the current versions of the WSDl files ... the Axis tools will
not process this unless upgraded to the latest set of bug fixes. The
WSDL group continues to work on making this something all the tools can
process and produce/receive messages from each other.

(See attached file: WSRP_v1_Interfaces.wsdl)(See attached file:
WSRP_v1_Binding.wsdl)(See attached file: WSRP_Service.wsdl)

In pulling this together I have worked through clarifying a number of
areas people questioned, including sections 8.3 & 8.4 discussing
interoperability of roles. It currently discusses how Producers and
Consumers making different choices about supporting this option. The one
area this has left me with big concerns is when both choose to support
roles. I don't see any clearly definable semantics whereby Consumer maps
its roles to the Producer published roles. To keep it simple, I would
like to consider the scenario
where:
   The Consumer only supports the spec defined roles of Administrator,
User
   and Guest
   The Producer declares the roles Admin, Buyer and Seller

A reasonable administrator at the Consumer will probably map the
Administrator role to the Producer's Admin role, but clearly the
granularity of the Producer's roles does not match the granularity of
the Consumer's roles. There is no reasonable mapping available to be
made. Reflecting on this further, the whole schema of role mapping only
really works when there is a huge overlap in the roles supported at the
Producer and the Consumer. To me this is more and more smelling like
something that belongs as an extension rather than an inherent part of
the spec.

The other area I am questioning whether it brings enough value to be
included in v1.0 is the registration portType. So much of the function
is in the extensions array that I'm starting to wonder if the entire
portType should move out of the spec.