Subject: RE: [Fwd: Re: [wsrp] Re: [wsrp-wsia] Handling "APPLY", "OK", "CAN CEL" and "DONE"]

I think it's also pretty clear that the entire concept of "modes" is a poor
man's way to try to put structure to applications (=portlets). As portlets
become more complex (=have more business value), the distinction between
help, view and edit blurs (e.g., context sensitive help, multiple levels of
customization, remembering the last user state, etc.), and hence this
structure loses much of its value.

Thus, I am also of the opinion that rather than trying to squeeze in more
heuristics around behavior of pre-named buttons, we defer this to a larger
topic in subsequent versions of the protocol.

Eilon

-----Original Message-----
From: Andre Kramer [mailto:andre.kramer@eu.citrix.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 11:34
To: WSRP
Subject: RE: [Fwd: Re: [wsrp] Re: [wsrp-wsia] Handling "APPLY", "OK", "CAN
CEL" and "DONE"]

I agree, I would rather have multiple (application dependent) look and feels
and associated navigational behaviours rather than one l&f with diverse
behaviours.

The JSR168 has been discussing various incomplete solutions to the larger
problem of navigation and I would like to step back and consider a more
abstract solution that lets either the portal or the portlet implement
history.

So far, I have been trying to work though the requirements and issues in the
JSR 168 and would like to try for a fuller proposal when we have a chance to
fully consider these related issues.

regards,
Andre