Subject: Re: [wsrp] [wsrp-wsia] [change request #241] Drop "user-facing"

The word "user-facing" is very important to catch the attention and to
allow analysts, press and customers to put WSRP into the right drawer.

WSRP services are indeed "user-facing", since they include presentation and
generate markup fragments aggregatable in a generic fashion which is
conceptually different from data-oriented web services which typically
return data encoded in XML from which the presentation still has to be
created in a service/data format specific way.

Therefore, we should not drop the word "user facing".

Best regards,

Thomas

|         |           Rich             |
|         |           Thompson/Watson/I|
|         |           BM@IBMUS         |
|         |           03/20/2003 02:09 |
  |       To:       wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org                                                                                    |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [wsrp] [wsrp-wsia] [change request #241] Drop "user-facing"                                                  |

Document: Spec
Sections: 1 & 1.2
Requested by: Alejandro Abdelnur
Old text: "user-facing web services"
New text: "web services"
Reasoning: There is not such a thing as "user-facing" web services. They
produce information that will be presented to a user but that is the case
for many web services. And the client (consumer) will have to do more or
less transformations to display this information to the user.