Subject: RE: [wsrp] [wsrp-wsia] [change request #245] UserScope and caching

Say I wanted to have a "perApplicationUser" scope that specified how markup is to be handled over performBlockingInteraction boundaries. With this proposal, I could only use this if consumers supplied "perApplicationUser" as one of the consumerUserScopes in RegistrationData on (optional in-band) registration. [And I will have to advertise this scope as available e.g. using a read-only registration property!]

regards,
Andre
-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Thompson [mailto:richt2@us.ibm.com]
Sent: 21 March 2003 20:21
To: wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org

Spec 0.92/Section 6.1.5/Page 30/Lines 43-47

Old text: "If the Consumer does not know how to process the specified userScope, it MUST NOT cache the markup."

New text: If the Consumer does not know how to process the specified userScope, it MAY NOT cache the markup or it SHOULD handled as *perUser* userScope."

Reasoning: I think it is to strong to require not to do caching at all when the perUser scope would be a safe fallback as it is private to the user.