Subject: Re: [wsrp] Alternative for supporting a control set style

I had not understood from your original proposal that the order in the control array would be the flow order of the controls, though I now see this is stated. Also, the orientation and alignment fields are informing the Portlet where the "normal" placement of the control set is for this Consumer page in the specified mode/window state. The intended result is that the Consumer has supplied information to the Portlet which it may choose to use when placing controls so that a base level of consistency is achieved. Portlets wishing to place the controls in a manner more integrated with the rest of the content are still free to do so.

I guess a couple of key questions for me are:
  1. Does this provide enough guidance to achieve the desired results?
  2. Are we likely to design a more thorough means in v2 that effectively replaces this, but as a result requires that Portlets be recoded to the new technique?

Rich Thompson

Michael Freedman <Michael.Freedman@oracle.com>

03/25/2003 01:43 PM