Subject: RE: [wsrp] [change request #250] Only 1 performBlockingInteraction()?

Mike,

Could you state a candidate "blocking rule" that covers multiple performBlockingInteractions as well as multiple getMarkups/performInteractions and relate that to client requests (and possibly initCookie and resource get/posts), please? I would prefer to be explicit about our 2 phase semantics.

I would rather refine what we mean by "client request" post 1.0. But would be comfortable with "aggregation request".

regards,
Andre
-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Thompson [mailto:richt2@us.ibm.com]
Sent: 26 March 2003 19:59
To: wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org

Document: Spec
Section: 6.3.2
Page/Line: 44/28
Requested by: Michael Freedman
Old text: The Consumer MUST initiate at most one performBlockingInteraction() for any one client request.
New text: remove this newly added line

Reasoning:  Do we really want to restrict ourselves by this for the future?  As we haven't addressed events yet, should we be cautious to not handtie us if we find a use case/rationale that through handling of events would cause another blocking action to be called?  What is the harm of NOT limiting ourselves.  As long as each adheres to blocking rule it would seem safe.