Subject: Re: [wsrp] [Fwd: CSS classes additions by Alan Kropp, what happened?]

I think I had answered earlier ... here are comments relative to our current state of affairs.

1- 'portlet-section-header'
  => Being readdressed by CR#248

2- 'portlet-section-footer'

  => CR#248

3- Difference between 'portlet-form-input-field' and 'portlet-form-field'?

  => the 2nd explicitly says it is not for input fields.

4- What is a "context dependent action icon"?

  => I understand these to be the equivalent of icon often placed in toolbars.

5- There is no provision in the classes for a sorted column header.

  => agreed

6- It is fairly common to have multiple 'special' rows within a table of data. It would be useful to have some 'special' row color classes.

  => The question here is how many special classes. Currently we have "alternate" and "selected". Is this a request for a "highlighted" as well?

7- No provisions for formatting navigation trails within the portlet's views.
 => agreed.

8- Descendant classes to simplify the HTML and reduce the file size?

  => Not sure exactly what is implied here. CSS classes do not inherit, but style rules can be defined that require a nesting in order to match.

9- Customizing the <a> tag.

  => The point is that a:visited is still what is used in this case.

10- It would be very useful to have a reference stylesheet and sample
portlet HTML that could be used as an example for development and testing.
 => Question is whether this suggests styles or just provides a template with the full list of class names. The first is dangerous, the second may be useful.

Rich Thompson

Alejandro Abdelnur <alejandro.abdelnur@sun.com>

03/26/2003 05:46 PM