Subject: Re: Fw: [wsrp] WSRP WSDL not currently conformant with WSDL 1.1 schem a

Claus, thanks for pointing this out.
You are right.

It is hard to find but to summerize (for my understanding):
1. WS-I R2754 is essential for us as it defines that wsdl:fault and
soap:fault must have a matching value of their "name" attribute - currently
we do not have this match
2. the schema given on the WSDL1.1 spec page, section A4 is not correct and
there are inconsitencies between the spec and the schema posted on
http://schemas... , as it defines the name attribute to be of type NMToken
3. the "correct" WSDL schema indeed defines the name attribute of
wsdl:fault to be of type NCName
4. since 1. und 3. need to be met, we need to change the value of the name
attribute of soap:fault like Claus proposed and Rich and I tried out on
AXIS

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

|         |           Richard          |
|         |           Jacob/Germany/IBM|
|         |           @IBMDE           |
|         |           04/23/2003 02:08 |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |       To:       wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org                                                                                                        |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                        |
  |       Subject:  Fw: [wsrp] WSRP WSDL not currently conformant with WSDL 1.1 schem       a                                                        |

Here is Claus von Riegen's contribution to our thread.
Thanks Claus!

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com
----- Forwarded by Richard Jacob/Germany/IBM on 04/23/2003 02:07 PM -----
|         |           "Von Riegen,     |
|         |           Claus"           |
|         |           <claus.von.riegen|
|         |           @sap.com>        |
|         |           04/23/2003 01:57 |

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org

  |       cc:
|
  |       Subject:  RE: [wsrp] WSRP WSDL not currently conformant with WSDL
1.1 schem       a                                                        |

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Richard,

One of the main drivers for WS-I in general and the Basic Profile 1.0 in
particular was the need for a consistent interpretation and profiling of
existing Web service specifications such as SOAP, WSDL and UDDI.
As far as WSDL 1.1 is concerned, there are, for example, several
inconsistencies between the specification (http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl.html)
and the XML schemas, which are available at http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl
(WSDL 1.1 structure) and http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/ (WSDL 1.1
SOAP binding).

One of these inconsistencies is actually the definition of the soap:fault
element. While the specification defines the name attribute to be of type
nmtoken, the schema defines it to be of type ncname.
Regardless of its type, since the name attribute relates the soap:fault to
the wsdl:fault defined for the operation, it must have the same value as
the wsdl:fault anyway - and thus must omit the "intf:" prefix in the WSRP
binding definitions.

The WS-I Basic Profile Working Group agreed to use the WSDL schema
definitions in this case.
You can look up the corresponding resolution of the Basic Profile 1.0 at
http://ws-i.org/Profiles/Basic/2003-03/BasicProfile-1.0-BdAD.html.
The requirements R2028 and R2029 (see section 5.1.1) relate to the
validness of WSDL documents in general, and the requirements R2721 and
R2754 (see section 5.6.17) relate to the name attribute of soap:fault
elements.

Does this make sense?

Best regards,
 Claus von Riegen, SAP