Subject: [wsrp] [errata #14] Definition of the any field in the Extension type

Comment:
14. 4/30/03 (
Rich Thompson)

Change definition of the any field for the Extension type. Several developers from various companies have emailed me about the requirement that the extensions come from a non-WSRP namespace. The question centers on how to then reuse the types defined within the WSRP namespace. I suggest adding the following sentence:

Document: Spec

Section: 5.1.1

New Text:
While the element definitions for these extensions are required to be in a namespace other than WSRP, the reuse of the types defined within the WSRP namespace by those definitions is encouraged as this increases the likelihood of the receiving partner being able to deserialize the extension in a useful manner.