Subject: RuntimeContext.portletInstanceKey uniqueness requirement

I'm a little bit confused with the requirement of portletInstanceKey to
be unique within the RegistrationContext. It's kind of a second unique
key, being the first one the portletHandle. If the purpose is to
namespace multiple occurrences of the same portlet in the consumer the
namespacePrefix should be enough? Or if we want to free the consumer
from this burden, why do we need the portletHandle then, for the
consumer the portletInstanceKey would be enough?

What am I missing here?

I should keep re-reading the spec every day not to forget things. I'm
under the impression that we are describing each thing well but we do
not do a very good job at indicating their contextual purpose.

Thanks

Alejandro