Subject: RE: [wsrp] comment regarding interactionState

Title: RE: [wsrp] comment regarding interactionState

Would this then not just be equivalent to navigationalState? We need a way to pass up data *without* determining what is sent in future actions - which is what interactionState provides now?

regards,
Andre

-----Original Message-----
From: Kropp, Alan [mailto:Alan.Kropp@vignette.com]
Sent: 30 May 2003 19:28
To: 'wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org'
Subject: [wsrp] comment regarding interactionState

We allow for interactionState to be sent to the Producer in
InteractionParams, yet there is no corresponding response that contains the
portlet's most recent value for this field.

I think this needs to mirror how we handle navigationalState:  the
UpdateResponse should carry two state fields:  navigationalState, and
interactionState.

In terms of conformance:  the portlet MAY choose to set a value for
interactionState, in which case the Consumer MUST return it on subsequent
action invocations only.

Alan

You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp/members/leave_workgroup.php