Subject: WS Eventing Anyone?

Title: WS Eventing Anyone?
Hi Everyone,

This came in to me through a member of the emergency management tc  on that list.

I thought that was rather interesting in and of itself.  I have been wondering when this would finally happen.  Happened.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/webservices/understanding/specs/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnglobspec/html/ws-eventing.asp

Does anyone know if there are any plans to bring this into another standards body? There's quite a bit in there that needs some study. Looks simple. Isn't. I landed in the co-chair seat of EM-Msg SC (odd result of much more contentious group than this) which is responsible for CAP, Common Alerting Protocol, and the SC's full name is Emergency Management-Messaging and Notifications Subcommittee, which is also fairly close to the abstract for this new specification:

This specification describes a protocol that allows Web services to subscribe to or accept subscriptions for event notification messages.

Even though it is billed as including BEA and Tibco, this appears to be a Microsoft workproduct.

Comments?

Ciao,
Rex
--