Subject: Re: [emergency] FYI: IBM, HP Release Proposed Web ServicesStandard

Hi Carl, Everyone,

I noticed this, too. Last week we had the eventing spec mentioned
below that included a notification element using subscription with
"event source" and "event sink" which I expressed some disapproval
for, though with some approval for as well, in the WSRP lists,
favoring instead the simpler "sender/receiver" model from a previous
paper. This week we have a notification spec. The eventual merging of
these two offerings is mentioned in the report. In particular, with
regard to how this merging is likely to occur, I wonder why this
effort is not being conducted within a standards body.

Ciao,
Rex

--
Rex Brooks