Subject: Re: [wsrp] August F2F

Thanks Mike for pursuing this possibility. Please do commit to the facility and we will plan to have the August F2F in the London area!

Rich

Michael Freedman <Michael.Freedman@oracle.com>

04/28/2004 11:19 AM

WSRP <wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org>
[wsrp] August F2F

It looks like I can get us a meeting room to fit our basic needs for a
F2F during the first week in August in our Reading office in the U.K.
The room has network connections though I don't know how many -- my
guess is it will be limited [5 or less] and we might not be able to get
a hub.  The biggest issue at the moment with the room is the quality of
the audio conferencing.  Currently, its a single phone that facilities
says "is quite sensitive".  There are some issue with putting in a phone
with extra mics as the ones facilities has is incompatible with the
phone system in the room.  We are looking into what it would take to run
an alternative phone system/line in or to just buy a compatible phone
but I can't promise either will happen so plan on the worst case.

What do you think?  Should we commit to this facility?

FYI ... Reading is a 25 minute express train ride from London's
Paddington station so if you stay near Paddington its easy to stay in
London. There is a free shuttle bus to/from Oracle to the Reading train
station [about 1 - 2 miles].  Reading is a suburban college town whose
downtown is dominated by a mall [interestingly enough called "The
Oracle" though I am told its no relation] and of course pubs.   Not
really any night life outside of pubbing and only a few good places to
eat. However it is pretty, and its convenient to walk along the
Thames/canal out to Oracle from the downtown hotel in the morning/evening.