Subject: Fw: FAQ

Thanks, Clinton, for volunteering to take on this task!

As mentioned last Thursday, I have been taking a look at the FAQ as well. My suggestions:
  1. Change the style such that the questions are numbered (easier to reference) and a TOC auto-generated.
  2. Reorder the questions based on the topics they address. I would suggest starting with "What is a portlet?" (new question) and then working toward more complex topics. This is likely to be helpful to anyone simply reading it and won't hurt those using the TOC to jump directly to a question of interest. I suspect this reordering will also make it more obvious where additional questions would be helpful.
  3. Add equivalents to the last question for each of the web stacks where we have experience. Andre has contributed a chunk toward the Primer that may help in this area.
  4. Minor notes on my printed copy that I can give you at the F2F.

Rich

----- Forwarded by Rich Thompson/Watson/IBM on 11/03/2004 10:27 AM -----
"Clinton Davidson" <Clinton.Davidson@plumtree.com>

10/29/2004 02:10 PM

Rich Thompson/Watson/IBM@IBMUS

I’ll volunteer to own the FAQ. Is there any immediate work that needs to be done? Outside of more material, the only think I can see at a glance is to change the style a little. That is, the spec is written in its own special language, the primer tries to demystify the spec, and the FAQ should be plainer still.

Let me know what you think.

Clinton