Subject: Re: [wsrp] modifyRegistrationRequired fault

I do not think the ModifyRegistrationRequired fault should extend InvalidRegistration fault as their semantics are quire different (repair this registration vs destroy this registration's artifacts). As to an expanded description ... sounds like a good idea, I kept the initial pass concise as this is in keeping with the other definitions in the table, but am open to expansion of this or other fault descriptions. We should be careful about what is prescribed behavior, though, as not all Consumers will be portals with administrators ...

Rich

Andre Kramer <andre.kramer@eu.citrix.com>

12/10/2004 04:55 AM

wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org
[wsrp] modifyRegistrationRequired fault

The draft spec does not seem to give much guidance on how to handle the new proposed fault? I would expect consumer processing for an end-user to abort on the fault (affected portlets are not rendered) and an admin to be notified to go and attempt a modifyRegistration operation interaction with the faulting producer (correct me if I'm wrong but Portal users may not even see the new modified registration until they log in again). This leads me to two questions:

Should example usage of the new fault be better described?

Should the fault type be declared to extend the 1.0 InvalidRegistrationFault (or a common base type be inserted)?

E.g.

<complexType name="ModifyRegistrationRequiredFault">

    <complexContent>

      <extension base="types:InvalidRegistrationFault">

        <sequence/>

      </extension>

    </complexContent>

  </complexType>

<element name="ModifyRegistrationRequired" type="types:ModifyRegistrationRequiredFault"/>

Regards,

Andre