Subject: RE: [wsrp] modifyRegistrationRequired fault

Both being registration related faults is a semantic relationship.

Regards,

Andre

From: Rich Thompson [mailto:richt2@us.ibm.com]
Sent: 15 December 2004 13:50
To: wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org

My view is that unless the specification has clearly stated either a structural or semantic relationship, inheritance should not be used. Implementations are free to introduce such super classes, but that is because they are introducing a commonality that the specification does not require.

Rich

Subbu Allamaraju <subbu@bea.com>

12/14/2004 10:17 AM

wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org

Re: [wsrp] modifyRegistrationRequired fault

Andre,

As we discussed earlier, ModifyRegistrationRequired fault is
semantically different from InvalidRegistrationFault, and consumers are
expected to do different things for these faults. IMO, type inheritance
would be confusing in this case.

Subbu