Subject: Re: [wsrp] Issue #33: Pass UserContext to lifetime operations?

So I [producer] can't have policies that assign different lifetimes passed on user category or profile information?  Certainly not a common use but why would we prevent?
     -Mike-

Rich Thompson wrote:

I would argue against the lifetime operations taking a user context as the underlying resources are not user-specific and the Consumer is the right control point for deciding whether or not the end-user is allowed to see or impact the lifetime.

Rich

Andre Kramer <andre.kramer@eu.citrix.com>

12/22/2004 10:34 AM

Rich Thompson/Watson/IBM@IBMUS, "'wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org'" <wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org>

RE: [wsrp] Issue #33: Pass UserContext to lifetime operations?

I had considered portlet handle leasing ops taking in a user context but then the question of whether a consumer leases on a per user basis would arise. The call arg would then typically set to null, as seems to happen a lot given the questions surrounding userContexts in operations. But easy to add if we think it is required for consistency.

Regards,
Andre

[wsrp] Issue #33: Pass UserContext to lifetime operations?

Issue #
33
Spec section:
SubCommittee:
Interfaces
Owner:
Andre
Should the RegistrationLifetime and PortletLifetime portTypes' operations take a userContext for consistency?