Subject: Re: [wsrp] Portlet specific CSS and JS files

Subbu,

Within the WSRP 1.0 spec you can specify the <link> tag and pull in a
stylesheet via a WSRP resource url. Also within that you can specify sub
stylesheets as long as they are url encoded to the WSRP spec as the
resources should be rewritten.

Performance shouldn't be too bad as long as the resource stylesheet is
cached, but you still get issues over conflicts between the Consumer CSS
(WSRP styles) as well as Consumer specific styles. There is also a problem
with different portlets if they too are overriding styles or have
conflicting styles. I think the last stylesheet processed overrides all
others until a new stylesheet is processed. Thus if portlets are moved
around on the page or are placed in different orders within the Consumers
HTML page some pages may be different each time they are rendered.

I would say that no portlet should override the WSRP CSS styles, only
include there own custom styles so they don't effect any other portlets,
really the class names should be namespaced in some manner.

This is also true of a JScript file it can be a WSRP resource too.

As you said performance may be an issue as well as the ordering, and
conflicts, but it seems it can be done right now if I understand you
correctly.

Mike