Subject: Re: [wsrp] Portlet specific CSS and JS files

You are right that browsers are forgiving about such imports within the
body of the html. However, I tried validation with several styles of
DTDs (strict, transitional, loose etc.), and documents fail validation.

I think these leaves with two conclusions:

a. If the only consumer of the markup is a browser, and none of the
intermediaries process the markup, we have no issues.

b. If a consumer wants to generate valid markup for whatever
business/technical reasons, they cannot do so currently.

The question of portlets impacting other parts of the page is
interesting, and I agree that we may be able to fitin a solution.