Subject: RE: [wsrp] spec-2.0-draft-05: events and blocking actions

Agreed, the stated semantics is that multiple sets of events may be sequentially distributed to any single portlet, but concurrent distribution is prohibited. Concurrent distribution to different portlets (same or different Producer) is allowed. If people think it would simply state management, we could expand the nonconcurrent requirement to all portlets sharing a groupID. Would that be valuable?

Rich

"Yossi Tamari" <yossi@giloventures.com>

03/09/05 10:33 AM

<wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org>
RE: [wsrp] spec-2.0-draft-05: events and blocking actions

Section 6.4.2.1 of the draft spec says: "While the Consumer MAY invoke
handleEvent() multiple times for any one portlet while preparing to
gather markup, it MUST NOT invoke handleEvent() an additional time while
the portlet is already processing an event for the same End-User."

While it may not be stated, concurrent calls to different producers or
to the same producer for different portlets are allowed (and of course
also for the same portlet for different users).

                Yossi.