Subject: [no subject]

From: Rich Thompson [mailto:richt2@us.ibm.com]=20
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 4:53 PM
To: wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [wsrp] spec-2.0-draft-05: events and blocking actions
=20

There hasn't been an agreement on blocking semantics yet. I would be=20
against any semantics beyond requiring all event distribution (Note that a =

Consumer could consider a Portlet which hasn't responded in a timely=20
manner to have finished, but failed to return a response) to end before=20
starting the getMarkup step.=20

To see why network and load issues matter, consider a Consumer=20
distributing events to two different portlets ... the order in which they=20
return events is likely to vary from one invocation to the next.=20

Rich=20

"Spector, Artem" <artem.spector@sap.com>=20
03/09/05 09:33 AM=20

<wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org>=20
cc
=20
Subject
RE: [wsrp] spec-2.0-draft-05: events and blocking actions
=20

=20
=20

But if we say that event distribution is blocking (we almost agreed on it, =

didn?t we? J), then the event order will be well-defined and will not=20
depend on network etc.=20
 =20
Artem=20
 =20