Subject: Re: [wsrp] Spec defined events

In a conference call answering customer questions about WSRP, another possible event to define came up:

NewPortletVersion - Event semantics convey that a new version of this portlet has been deployed. The payload should have a place for a new POP portletHandle to cover the cases where the new version is not backwards compatible with the old version.

Rich

Rich Thompson/Watson/IBM@IBMUS

03/09/05 12:27 PM

wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org
[wsrp] Spec defined events

I was reminded this AM of a couple of possible events we have discussed in the past:

ProducerMetadataChanged
- Notification that the Producer's metadata has changed. The Consumer may want to refresh its cached info.

PortletMetadataChanged
- Notification that the Portlet's metadata has changed. The Consumer may want to refresh its cached info.

AvailablePortletsChanged
- Notification that the Producer has changed the set of portlets exposed via WSRP. Event payload should indicate the type of change (added, deprecated, deleted), the portletHandle of the subject portlet and the portlet's title.