Subject: RE: [wsrp] [CR310] - Add doctype fields

The public parameter concept doesn't fit well with a bidirectional flow of data. However, I would agree that the proposal for doctype does fit well with the public parameter model (Portlet requests Consumer supply a particular piece of data and has reasonable fallbacks should the Consumer choose to not supply it).

Subbu, would the spec defining such a public parameter for Portlet reuse satisfy your use case?

Rich

"Andre Kramer" <andre.kramer@eu.citrix.com>

03/23/05 09:06 AM

"Subbu Allamaraju" <subbu@bea.com>, <wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org>
RE: [wsrp] [CR310] - Add doctype fields

What prevented us leveraging the new public parameters feature for CC/PP
was its inability to return a value. Maybe that should be addressed so
that extensions could use the (render) parameter extension mechanism?

Regards,
Andre