Subject: Re: [wsrp] V2 Schema and WSDL Issues

> The current draft v2 schema file leverages the v1 types (no duplicate
> defines and using extension where possible).

Are we looking at the same XSD? Looking at
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp/download.php/12078/wsrp_v2_types.xsd,
it has a few types extended, but a number of types are redefined. For
example SessionContext? How about PortletDescription?

> I find laudable the goal of a v1 Consumer sending a v1 message to a v2
> Producer, however, the nature of wsdl requires a match between the
> SOAPaction a message targets and a port offered by the recipient. This
> requirement would translate into keeping the QNames of the bound v1
> operations unchanged as we release v2 (i.e. place them in the v1
> bindings namespace). To do so while making signature changes (we add
> parameters and fields) would violate, at minimum, wsdl best practices
> and likely invalidate a statement in the services section of the wsdl
> 1.1 note which allows consumers to make decisions based on the QName of
> a portType.

I understand the port SOAPAction issue, and given the nature of SOAP
stacks, we cannot avoid that.

> I think the more reasonable goal is simplifying how a v2 Producer can
> offer both v1 and v2 ports. We certainly have been keeping this as a
> goal in front us during the work on v2, but should now review carefully
> how we cast the v2 wsdl so that the goal is actually realized.

Yes, a Producer should be able to offer both ports in its WSDL. But once
it receives a message, it would be easier if a good chunk of the code
path is shared (provided implementations make some right design
choices), particulary for some of the more complex V1 operations.

Subbu