Subject: Re: [wsrp] V2 Schema and WSDL Issues

Andre Kramer wrote:
> The amount of re-use will still be smallish with such limited sharing.
> (Given nature of XML Schema and WSDL and our quite comprehensive changes
> above v1).

Possibly for new V2 operations, but for some of the more complex V1
operations (e.g. markup operations, or service description) type sharing
would help code maintainability.

> Also, a simple developer/tool re-factoring of generated classes can

Are there wsdl2xxx tools that allow refactoring of generated code? One
could do it outside the tool, but that may be risky, e.g. when you want
to get bug fixes from the tool.

> Given the above, should we not go for the cleanest versioning approach,
> which is to use strict namespacing for all types and messages (separate
> namespace(s) used per version)? That will be simplest for developers to
> understand (also see Subbu’s advantages).

This could make it hard if an impl is using these types all over. Come
to think of it, generic programming (SAAJ, DOM etc.) is much better at
handling a totally new namespace URI. However, during V1, we did place a
lot of emphasis on code-generating stacks.