Subject: [wsrp] Request for a "popup" windowstate

We have heard back from portlet developers that a valuable UI technique they find missing in WSRP is the ability to request that activation of a url result in showing a portlet in a popup window. Common examples on the web today include:

Some more sophisticated scenarios use references to a different portlet, but I think reaching a consensus on how to do that with remote portlets within the v2 timeframe is unreasonable. I do think it would be reasonable to define a "popup" windowstate in v2 with the restriction that the portlet to be shown in the popup is the one whose markup contains the url causing the popup.