Subject: getResource question

I've a question on the getResource operation.

AFAIR, the primary use case for this operation was to allow Producers to
serve resources over SOAP instead of HTTP, which was not possible with
WSRP1.0.

But it is not clear how a WSRP2.0 producer can serve URL-addressable
resources via the getResource operation without somehow mapping those
addresses into resourceIDs.

My question is, why is not there a wsrpUrl parameter in the
ResourceParams structure? The lack of such a parameter may impact the
motivation for supporting this operation in producer/consumer
implementations.

Can someone clarify?

Thanks