Subject: RE: [wsrp] getResource question

I would also note that a separate decision can be made for each URL concerning whether to use the SOAP operation or http proxy for serving up the resource. It may be much easier (and reduce load on the Producer) to serve some URLs using http proxying even while others require using getResource (need access to the portlet's state).

Rich

"Andre Kramer" <andre.kramer@eu.citrix.com>

05/27/05 04:56 AM

"Subbu Allamaraju" <subbu@bea.com>, "wsrp" <wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org>
RE: [wsrp] getResource question

Yes, URL-addressable resources need their addresses (URLs) mapped into
the resourceID resourceParam. Remember that these (resourceIDs)
themselves get put on URLs in the markup which is why I though it
clearer as well as more general to not make them explicitly URLs or even
URIs (even though these are likely to be the common cases).

Regards,
Andre

PS. Wish we had WS Addressing endpoint references ...